Shanghai Maritime University (SMU) shanghai Government Scholarship 2022 – 2023
In order to further the development of international student education and recruit more international students to study in Shanghai, the Shanghai Municipal Education Commission set up the Shanghai Government Scholarship for International Students (SGS) in 2005. It offers funds to prospective international students applying for degree programs at universities in Shanghai. The details are as follows:
The SGS is divided into two categories:
SGS Class A (Full Scholarship)
Class A offers funds only to prospective students applying for degree programs. It includes exemption from tuition and accommodation fees; comprehensive medical insurance; monthly living expenses of RMB 3000 for master’s candidates and RMB 3500 for doctoral candidates.
SGS Class B (Partial Scholarship)
Class B offers funds to prospective students applying for any degree programs. It includes the exemption from tuition fees; comprehensive medical insurance.
April 30, 2022
Field of Study:
Catalog of Degree Programs 2022
● Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens in good health.
● Applicants must meet the following education and age requirements
– Applicants for undergraduate studies must have graduated from high school and be aged between 18 years and 25.
– Those applying for master’s programs must have a bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 35.
– Those applying for doctoral programs must have a master’s degree and be under 40 years of age;
● Applicants must have excellent grades, outstanding academic and overall performance;
● Applicants must not be currently receiving any other kinds of Chinese scholarships.
● Chinese citizens who apply to study abroad as an international student after they have immigrated to a foreign country must hold a valid foreign passport or nationality certificate for four years or more. Applicants should provide proof of residence abroad for more than two years.
Application Documents for Shanghai Maritime University (SMU) shanghai Government Scholarship 2022 – 2023
●Application Form : SGS Application Form for International Students;
● Degree certificate( for master and doctoral degree program applicants), diploma or official proof of expected graduation (the diploma or certificate must be in Chinese or English with official school stamps or a notarized version in Chinese or English);
● Relevant transcripts (transcripts must be in Chinese or English with official school stamps or a notarized version in Chinese or English);
●Self-introduction video: The video does not exceed 5 minutes, and the content includes your personality, hobbies, high school performance and rewards, and others. (No need to upload the video to the SGS website, you should submit your self-introduction video with all application documents to email@example.com😉
● Language certificate:
– Chinese-taught program: Applicants should hold HSK 4 or above certificate. (If applicant’s official language is Chinese or their last program was taught in Chinese, this is not required);
– English-taught program: Applicants should hold TOEFL 80 or IELTS 6.0 or above certificate (If applicant’s official language is English or their last program was taught in English, this is not required);
● Passport and passport-sized photo;
● Medical examination report.
●Certificate of No Criminal Conviction
Master’s and doctoral candidates should also include:
●Recommendation letters: Two recommendation letters preferably from academic institutions and government supervisors (in English);
●Statement of purpose – Around 1000 words for master’s degree candidates; around 1500 words for doctoral candidates. Topics to cover: study and work experience, academic research results, planned research proposals and personal development objectives after graduation;
● Catalog and abstracts of published papers, as well as other documents that can prove academic ability.
Application procedure and evaluation
Application Method for Shanghai Maritime University (SMU) shanghai Government Scholarship 2022 – 2023:
1. applying for scholarship programs must first apply using the online application portal through the following mode of application: SGS website (http://study.edu.sh.gov.cn/). After completing the online application, the applicant must download and sign the form. Additionally, all supporting materials used in the application process, including the completed application form should be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. A preliminary review will be conducted on all documents received from the mailbox.
3. Applicants who passed the preliminary document review will receive a preliminary interview notice.
4. Applicants who passed the preliminary interview be interviewed by the respective college they applied to study in.
5. Students who pass the college interview and relevant department review process will receive an admission notice; Scholarship applicants who pass the college interview and relevant department review process will be notified of their scholarship status before the end of June.
SGS annual review
● All scholarships are awarded for the normal duration of full-length degree programs, namely four years for undergraduate candidates, two or three years for master’s candidates, three years for doctoral candidates. Students who suspend their studies or fail to graduate within the normal period will not have their scholarship extended.
● The scholarship committee will perform a comprehensive annual review of scholarship recipients’ academic records, learning attitude, performance, awards or punishment received. Students who fail to meet the requirements will have their scholarship status suspended or canceled.
Postal address: International Education College, Shanghai Maritime University, Room B 808-1, Library Building,1550 Hai Gang Avenue, Lin Gang New City, Pudong District, Shanghai, zipcode: 201306