Xiamen University Chinese Government Scholarship-Bilateral Program
The program accords with the cooperation and exchange agreements or consensus reached by the Chinese government and the governments and institutions of other nations. It is open to undergraduates, postgraduates, general and senior scholars.
II. Supporting Categories, Duration, Institutions, and Majors
(I) Supporting Categories
Chinese Government Scholarship programs sponsor undergraduates, postgraduates, general and senior scholars.
The Chinese Government Scholarship covers both major study and Chinese language (preparatory) study. The language courses last one year, whereas the duration of the scholarship for major study conforms to that as required.
(III) Institutions and Majors
Designated Chinese universities offer scholarship recipients academic programs in science, engineering, agriculture, medicine, economics, law, management, education, history, literature, philosophy, and fine arts, among others. Please visit the website (http://www.campuschina.org) for further information about designated Chinese universities and majors they offer.
III. Scholarship Coverage
1. Tuition fees;
2. Free university dormitory or accommodation subsidy;
Undergraduates: CNY 2,500 per month;
Master’s students/general scholars: CNY 3,000 per month;
Doctoral students/senior scholars: CNY 3,500 per month.
4. Comprehensive medical insurance:
CNY 800 per person per year;
CNY 400 per person (for programs lasting less than six months)
IV. Eligibility criteria Xiamen university Chinese Government Scholarship-Bilateral Program
1. Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens in good health physically and mentally.
2. Educational background and age limits (as of September 1):
(1) Bachelor’s programs: hold a high school diploma or above and be under the age of 25;
(2) Master’s programs: hold a bachelor’s degree or above and be under the age of 35;
(3) Doctoral programs: hold a master’s degree or above and be under the age of 40;
(4) General scholar programs: hold a high school diploma or above and be under the age of 45;
(5) Senior scholar programs: hold a master’s degree or above and be under the age of 50.
3. Applicants should meet the admission requirements of the university of preference in terms of language proficiency and academic ability, among others:
Application Guide to Bachelor’s Programs for 2022: https://admissions.xmu.edu.cn/Admissions/Undergraduate_Students.htm
Application Guide to Master’s Programs for 2022: https://admissions.xmu.edu.cn/Admissions/Master_s_Students.htm
Application Guide to Doctoral Programs for 2022: https://admissions.xmu.edu.cn/Admissions/Doctoral_students.htm
For those who have not met the entry requirements of Chinese proficiency level and wish to take remedial Chinese courses before the major study in Chinese, they should also present the HSK certificate when applying. Applicants for programs in the humanities, economics, management, law, arts and traditional Chinese medicine need to have a Chinese proficiency certificate of HSK band 4 with a score of 180 or above; applicants for programs in sciences, engineering and medicine need to have a certificate of HSK band 3 with a score of 180 or above. Only by passing the required HSK test within the first year and meeting the entry requirements of the relevant degree programs could they then start the major study.
V. Application Procedures for Xiamen university Chinese Government Scholarship-Bilateral Program
1. Applicants should apply to Education Office of Chinese Embassy for scholarship opportunity to study in Xiamen University.
2. Applicants shall complete online application at https://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn and print out the Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarships. The Scholarships Application Form should be completed in Chinese or English and signed by the applicant.
3. Applicants should submit all of the application materials to the Education Office of Chinese Embassy before the deadline.
VI. Application Period and Result Release Time:
January to April. Applicants may refer to Education Office of Chinese Embassy for specific deadline. The result is usually released in August.
VII. More Information
1. The English version of this Guide is provided for reference and as a general guide ONLY. In case of any discrepancy between the English and Chinese versions, the Chinese version shall prevail. This Guide may not be reproduced without authorization.
2. This application guide may be adjusted by the latest notice from the competent department of scholarship or the requirements of our university. So please refer to the latest version of application guide. For other information, please visit:
China Scholarship Council: http://www.campuschina.org