Xiamen University Chinese Government Scholarship 2022
The Chinese Government Scholarship- University Program is aimed at promoting Chinese higher education brand on an international basis. Xiamen University is one of the prestigious universities designated to directly recruit international students to study in degree programs under this scholarship scheme.
II. Eligibility criteria Xiamen University Chinese Government Scholarship 2022
1. Applicants must meet the requirements of the repective programs they are applying for.
2. Educational background and age limits (as of September 1, 2022):
(1) Bachelor’s Programs: be an academically excellent holder of high school diploma or its equivalent under the age of 25;
(2) Master’s Programs: be an academically excellent holder of a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent under the age of 35;
(3) Doctoral Programs: be an academically excellent holder of a Master’s degree or its equivalent under the age of 40;
3. Applicants who apply for Master of Teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages (MTCSOL) or programs of foreign language studies are not eligible.
III. Academic Program for Xiamen University Chinese Government Scholarship 2022
Pending approval from China Scholarship Council. Usually the scholarship is limited to part of the XMU academic programs of the year approved by China Scholarship Council, mainly in master and doctoral levels.
XMU Bachelor’s Programs on Offer for 2022 Entry:
XMU Master’s Programs on Offer for 2022 Entry:
XMU Doctoral Programs on Offer for 2022 Entry:
IV. Duration of Scholarships Xiamen University Chinese Government Scholarship 2022
1. Bachelor’s Programs: 4 or 5 years
2. Master’s programs: 2 or 3 years;
3. Doctoral programs: 4 years.
(1) For those who have not met the entry requirements of Chinese proficiency level and wish to take remedial Chinese courses before the major study in Chinese, they should also present the HSK certificate when applying. Applicants for programs in the humanities, economics, management, law, arts and traditional Chinese medicine need to have a Chinese proficiency certificate of HSK band 4 with a score of 180 or above; applicants for programs in sciences, engineering and medicine need to have a certificate of HSK band 3 with a score of 180 or above. Only by passing the required HSK test within the first year and meeting the entry requirements of the relevant degree programs could they then start the major study.
(2) Scholarship recipients shall participate in the annual review in accordance with the relevant management regulations of the scholarships. Those who pass the review can continue to apply for or enjoy the scholarships in the next academic year. Those who fail the review will be suspended or disqualified from the scholarships. The specific regulations and methods of the annual review shall be subject to the latest notice issued in the current year.
V. Scholarships Quota
Pending approval from China Scholarship Council.
VI. Scholarships Coverage
1. Tuition fees;
2. Free university dormitory or accommodation subsidy;
Undergraduates: CNY 2,500 per month;
Master’s students: CNY 3,000 per month;
Doctoral students: CNY 3,500 per month.
4. Comprehensive medical insurance:
CNY 800 per person per year
VII. Application Period
January 1 to March 31, 2022.
Application for the Scholarships will be considered only after the applicant has been admitted to the XMU academic programs approved by China Scholarship Council.
1. Applicants shall complete online application at https://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn (Program Category: Type B; Agency No. of XMU: 10384) and print out the Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarships. The Scholarships Application Form should be completed in Chinese or English and signed by the applicant.
2. Applicants shall complete another online application at http://application.xmu.edu.cn and upload the scan copy of Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarships. There is no need to mail paper application materials. For detailed requirements and procedures of application, please refer to the prospetuses below in Part XI.
IX. Selection and Notification
A comprehensive review will be conducted on applicant’s academic record, language proficiency, overall merits, research achievements and their prospective supervisor’s comments. The shortlisted candidates will be submitted to China Scholarship Council for final approval.
The final results will be published at https://admissions.xmu.edu.cn in August.
X. Contact Information
Add.: XMU’s Admissions Office, Fujian Province, China (Postcode: 361005)
Tel: 0086 (0)592 2184792/2188375
Fax: 0086 (0)592 2180256
XI. More Information
1. The English version of this Guide is provided for reference and as a general guide ONLY. In case of any discrepancy between the English and Chinese versions, the Chinese version shall prevail. This Guide may not be reproduced without authorization.
2. This application guide may be adjusted by the latest notice from the competent department of scholarship or the requirements of our university. So please refer to the latest version of application guide. For other information, please visit:
Application Guide to Bachelor’s Programs for 2022: https://admissions.xmu.edu.cn/Admissions/Undergraduate_Students.htm
Application Guide to Master’s Programs for 2022: https://admissions.xmu.edu.cn/Admissions/Master_s_Students.htm
Application Guide to Doctoral Programs for 2022: https://admissions.xmu.edu.cn/Admissions/Doctoral_students.htm
China Scholarship Council: https://www.campuschina.org