Shanghai International Studies University Chinese Government Scholarship 2022
“Silk Road” Scholarship is a full scholarship for designated Chinese universities and certain provincial education offices in specific provinces or autonomous regions to recruit outstanding international students from countries along the “Belt and Road” for graduate studies in China.
I SUPPORTING CATEGORIES, DURATION AND INSTRUCTION LANGUAGE
1. Supporting Category: Type B only supports master’s students or doctoral students.
2. Length of Scholarship: The scholarship covers major study as specified in the Admission Letter. Studies begin in SEPTEMBER 2022.
3. Instruction Language: Scholarship students can register for either Chinese-taught program or English-taught program if applicable.
II SCHOLARSHIP COVERAGE
Please refer to Introduction to CGC—Coverage and Standard for details of each item: http://www.campuschina.org/
III APPLICATION DEADLINE, APPLICATION METHODS
1. Apply to the Office of International Student Affairs of SISU before March 31, 2022.
2. Submit “Application for CSC Scholarships” and “Admission Application for International Students to SISU” online.
IV ELIGIBILITY Criteria for Shanghai International Studies University Chinese Government Scholarship 2022
1. Applicants must be a citizen of a country along the “Belt and Road”, and be in good health.
2. The requirements for applicants’ degree and age are that applicants must be a bachelor’s degree holder under the age of 35 when applying for the master’s programs; be a master’s degree holder under the age of 40 when applying for the doctoral programs.
3. Language Proficiency: Applicants must demonstrate a good command of Chinese or English. HSK level 5 (a total of no less than 180) or above is required when applying for Chinese-taught mater’s or doctoral programs; IELTS test score of at least 6.0 is required when applying for English-taught mater’s or doctoral programs.
★It is necessary to meet the other requirements of Regulations For the Enrollment of Students by SISU.
V APPLICATION PROCEDURE Shanghai International Studies University Chinese Government Scholarship 2022
1. Complete the online application procedure at “CSC Online Application System for International Students” (Visit http://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn and click “Create an account” to log in), submit online the completed Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship and print a hard copy. You should choose Type B and our Agency Number is 10271.
2. Complete the online application procedure at “Online Application System for International Students to SISU” (Visit http://apply.shisu.edu.cn/c.asp?action=student_sign and click “Register” to log in) and submit.
3. SISU reviews the application documents online, organizes the entrance examinations and decides the nominated candidates. (Nominated candidates will get Chinese Government Scholarships to study in China with the approval of CSC.)
★SISU will open “Online Application System for International Students to SISU” on January 1, 2022. A written examination will be organized around April 15, 2022, and those who pass the written examination will be eligible to enter the interview.
VI APPLICATION DOCUMENTS FOR ONLINE APPLICATION SYSTEM FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS IN SISU (except for ID photo, all documents must be submitted in PDF format)
1. Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship (written in Chinese or English) required to download, print and sign after submit successfully at CSC Online Application System for International Students.
3. Highest diploma, Prospective diploma recipients must submit official document issued by your current school to prove your current student status or expected graduation date. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
4. Academic transcripts (written in Chinese or English) required a complete transcript of previous academic education; Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
5. A Study Plan or Research Proposal (written in Chinese or English, 800 words minimum).
6. Two Recommendation Letters (written in Chinese or English); Master’s program applicants are required to submit recommendation letters signed by associate professors, and doctoral program applicants are required to submit recommendation letters signed by professors.
7. Valid HSK or IELTS Certificate (if applicable).
8. Foreigner Physical Examination Form (written in English, can be downloaded from http://www.csc.edu.cn/laihua or http://www.campuschina.org); The physical examinations must cover all of the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete forms or forms without the signature of the attending physician, or the official stamp of the hospital, or a sealed photograph of the applicant are considered as invalid. Please carefully plan your physical examination schedule as the result is valid for only 6 months.
9. None Criminal Record
11. Digital ID photo on white background.
12. Offline remittance voucher of the Application Fee (or pay it directly in the application system).
VII Pay application fee online: 800RMB (or overseas transfer of 130USD, upload payment voucher).
VIII Bank Remittance
|Beneficiary Name:||Shanghai International Studies University|
|A/C No.:||International: (022744) 1001274409026402334|
|Bank:||Industrial and Commercial Bank of China, Shanghai Shangwai Sub-Branch|
|Bank Address:||566 West Dalian Road, Shanghai, P. R. China|
★Please indicate the applicants number in the remittance details. Accepted or not, application fee is non-refundable.
IX SCHOLARSHIP CONFIRMATION
1. CSC reserves the rights to decide the host university for scholarship recipients with multiple offers. Each scholarship recipient—even when admitted by multiple universities—will be granted no more than one scholarship.
2. Scholarship recipients shall not change their host university, field of study, or duration of study unless they give up the grant.
3. Submit Application for Chinese Government Scholarship online, and then submit Admission Application for International Students to SISU.
4. To ensure that the school is in constant contact with the applicant, please provide a valid email address in the application form.
5. All application documents must have original documents in preparation for admission inspection. Scholarship will be revoked for those who provide false documents.
X AVAILABLE MAJORS FOR APPLYING
1. Master’s Degree (taught in Chinese, 3 years): International Relations.
2. Master’s Degree (taught in English, 2 years): China Studies, International Relations, Global Communication, Journalism (Chinese Media and Global Journalism).
3. Doctor’s Degree (taught in Chinese, 4 years): International Relations.
4. Doctor’s Degree (taught in Chinese, 4 years): China Studies, Global Communication.