Tsinghua University Chinese Government Scholarship 2022
Admission to Graduate Programs of Tsinghua Univ. 2022（For International Students）
Tsinghua University (THU) offers Master’s and Doctoral degree programs to international students in 43 schools and departments (see Appendix for Catalog of Graduate Programs of 2022). Among them, 22 Master’s degree programs and 8 Doctoral degree programs are offered fully in English, while others are offered fully in Chinese or bilingually in Chinese and English.
Master’s degree programs are generally required to be completed in 2-3 years, and Doctoral degree programs in 3-4 years. For students with a Bachelor’s degree who move on directly to pursue a Doctoral degree program, the study period is normally 4-5 years.
Required Qualifications of Applicants for Tsinghua University Chinese Government Scholarship 2022
1.Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens with a valid passport.
2.Master’s degree program applicants should have a Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent degree to a Bachelor’s degree (or above) in China. Doctoral degree program applicants should have a Master’s degree or an equivalent degree to a Master’s degree (or above) in China. The degree diploma should be authenticated by THU designated institutions.
* 29 schools/departments can accept bachelor degree holders to pursue their doctoral degrees directly. Please see the application requirements on ‘Application Instructions for Bachelor’s Degree Holders to Pursue Doctoral Degrees’ Click here for Instructionsand the ‘Catalog of Graduate Programs 2022-Doctoral Programs for International Students 2022’Click here for Catalog.
2.Applicants should be in good health and of good character (meet the physical examination requirements stipulated by the country and THU) , be well-behaved and be willing to abide by China’s laws and regulations, as well as Tsinghua’s rules.
4.Language competence requirements:
The applicant’s Chinese proficiency should meet the Chinese proficiency requirements announced by relevant schools/departments in the ‘Catalog of Graduate Programs 2022’.Click here.
The applicants’ English proficiency for the English program should meet the English proficiency requirements announced in the ‘Catalog of Graduate Programs 2022’ and the Admission Guide of the programs.Click here.
5.Some programs have specific requirements for applicants’ academic performance, working years, etc. For relevant information, please refer to the remarks in the ‘Catalog of Graduate Programs 2022’ and the Admissions Guide of the programs.
Note: The applicant shall carefully check whether he / she meets the application qualification and application requirements (including the application requirements declared by the target school/department/major/program) before applying. The relevant consequences arising from his / her failure to meet the application qualification and application requirements shall be borne by the applicant himself / herself.
How to Apply for Tsinghua University Chinese Government Scholarship 2022
Applicants should complete an Online Application on this website during the designated THU application period. (Exceptions: applicants for Schwarzman Scholars and MBA programs, please apply on the specified websites). Applicants should fill in the application information online, upload the application documents listed below to the Online Application System, and pay the application fee online at the time of submission.
Application Schedule (Beijing Time)
1st Round: 8:00 AM Oct 15, 2021——17:00 PM Dec 15, 2021
2nd Round : 8:00 AM Jan 1, 2022——17:00 PM Mar 1, 2022
Graduate Programs offered in English: Please consult the information on each individual program for specific application schedules.Click here.
Some schools/departments/programs may open the 3rd round of applications based on the application situation of the year. Please pay attention to the relevant notices on our application website.
☆The winter break of THU will be from Jan 12,2022 to Feb 16,2022. The application system will still be available during the winter break, but online verification might be delayed due to the vacation. Applicants are therefore recommended to complete their application at least two or three weeks in advance.
Application Documents Tsinghua University Chinese Government Scholarship 2022
Please upload all the documents listed below to the application system:
1. Personal statement. Master’s degree program applicants should submit a Personal Statement.Doctoral degree program applicants should submit both a Personal Statement and a brief introduction of their research experience or research plan. (The Personal Statement should be filled out in accordance with the requirements of university template).Click here for template
2. Degree certificate and degree authentication. Master’s degree program applicants should submit their Bachelor’s degree certificate. Doctoral degree program applicants should submit both their Master’s and Bachelor’s degree certificates. The degree authentication should be issued by THU designed institutions.Applicants who will not graduate before the application deadline shall provide the expected graduation certificate first, and the degree diploma and degree authentication must be submitted before registration. (Applicants who have graduated are required to provide the degree authentication at the same time. The authentication and the original degree diploma should be combined into one PDF file and uploaded to the application system.)Please click here for the issuing method of the authentication.
3. Academic transcript. Master’s degree program applicants should submit the academic transcript of their undergraduate study. Doctoral degree program applicants should submit academic transcripts of both graduate and undergraduate studies.Applicants who will not graduate before the application deadline shall provide their current academic transcript.In this case,the completed academic transcript must be submitted before registration.
4. HSK certificate and score report for programs offered in Chinese.For related requirements,please check the program remarks in the ‘Catalog of Graduate Programs 2022’. Applicants who complete their undergraduate or master’s studies in Chinese must provide a certificate issued by the university they graduated from. After obtaining the permission of the applied school/department, they can be exempted from submitting the HSK score certificate. Those who intend to apply for Chinese government scholarships must provide corresponding HSK score report according to the requirements of scholarship application.
5. Two academic recommendation letters from scholars who hold the title of associate professor or higher, or senior professionals in a related academic field. Please follow the instructions on the online system for submission of online recommendation letters or upload the recommendation letters signed by references .
6. Passport: Passport information page (Ordinary passport). Individuals who previously held Chinese nationality and subsequently acquired foreign nationality are required to provide either a Certificate of Cancellation of Chinese Household Registration (Hukou) or a Certificate of Renunciation of Chinese Nationality, or a Certificate of Non-Chinese Nationality issued by a Chinese diplomatic mission/consulate.
7.Some programs may require additional application documents; please check the program remarks in the ‘Catalog of Graduate Programs 2022’ or the program admission brochures.
8.For information on the required documents for Bachelor degree holders who wish to pursue Doctoral degrees, please see the ‘Application Instructions for Bachelor’s Degree Holders to Pursue Doctoral Degrees’.Click here for Instructions
Note：Use the online application to apply. The online application system offers tools for collecting and submitting some, but not all of ,the documents and information required for application.
Applicants are required to submit scanned images of all required documents at the time of application. All uploaded documents should be in Chinese or in English; otherwise notarial translations in Chinese or English are required. Once translated, the original documents and certified translations should be submitted together to the application system.
Please scan the original or notarized application documents in color using a scanner. Images captured by mobile phone or camera are not acceptable. Scans of copies are also not acceptable.
For inquiries regarding program details, application for supervisors and the ‘Remarks of Application’ in the ‘Catalog of Graduate Programs 2022′, please contact the applying department or program office directly. For personal information of supervisors, please check on the departments’ / schools’ websites.
The application fee must be paid at the time the application is submitted. (It cannot be covered by the Chinese Government Scholarship). Please apply online and pay the application fee in a safe place. THU is not responsible for any losses caused by your own operation errors or the leakage of your online payment account and password. Please consider carefully before paying the application fee online. If you cannot finish the application due to various reasons, the paid application fee will not be refunded. Regardless of whether the application is successful or not, the application fee is not refundable.
Applications with incomplete documents or without application fee payment will not be processed.
THU has the right to require applicants to provide original application materials or authentication documents issued by a designated institution for further inspection.
As some countries’ higher education systems are very different from the Chinese system, applicants from different education systems should refer to THU’s online application website for reference.Click here
None of the above application documents will be returned.
If the higher-level department issues a new policy, THU will make corresponding adjustments.
Applicants must ensure that the application information,application materials,degree certificate and degree authentication provided are true and accurate. If the admissions unit or certification department verifies that anything in the application is not true, the application, admission or study qualification will be cancelled.
Applicants who are found to be in breach of academic ethics, professional ethics, honesty and trustworthiness, etc., will not be admitted or admission/study qualification will be cancelled after this breach has been verified.
The relevant information, documents and messages that the THU Graduate Admissions Office and relevant departments / schools publish or send to applicants through websites, phone calls, emails, text messages, etc. are deemed to have been delivered. All consequences caused by the applicant’s personal negligence and other reasons shall be borne by the applicant himself/herself.
Evaluation and Admission
THU admits students based on evaluation of their application documents together with a comprehensive assessment. The application materials are reviewed by an expert group of the relevant departments / schools, and the candidates for the comprehensive assessment will be selected based on the review results. The comprehensive assessment is generally based on interviews. The specific content, format, requirements and time arrangements are determined by each department / school and will be notified to applicants who enter the comprehensive assessment.
Tsinghua University comprehensively considers the results of material review,comprehensive assessment and other factors, selects the best candidates, and determines the admission list . A Certificate of Admission and the appendix will be issued by THU after the final admission result is released. Prior to this, applicants may check their admission status via this Application System.(For Schwarzman Scholars and MBA programs’ applicants, please check the respective programs’ websites).
At present, Tsinghua University mainly provides the following scholarships for outstanding prospective full-time international graduate students.
Chinese Government Scholarship (CGS): The Full CGS usually covers tuition, stipend, on-campus accommodation (or accommodation subsidy), and medical insurance. The Partial CGS includes one or a few items in the Full CGS. Annual Review is strictly required for all CGS holders.
Tuition Scholarship: For example, the Beijing Government Scholarship for International Students, covers full or partial tuition fee with a duration of one academic year. Applicants may apply for Tuition Scholarships annually (competitive).
For further information about scholarships, please refer to Scholarships for Prospective Full-time International Graduate Students at Tsinghua University.Click here
Due to limited accommodation on campus, dormitory rooms must be applied for online; this is conducted on a first come, first served basis. On-campus rooms can only be reserved for those who successfully apply for a dormitory room online. Those who fail to apply for a dorm must find off-campus accommodation independently.
Detailed information regarding THU life, accommodation, student activities, visas and residence permit application, as well as other useful information, is available on the International Students & Scholars Center website.http://is.tsinghua.edu.cn
Visa Application and Registration
Admitted students should apply for a student visa (X1 visa) at the Embassy or Consulate of the People’s Republic of China in their home country. To apply, students should provide their personal ordinary-type passport, Admission Notice, Visa Application Form (JW202/JW201), and original Foreigner Physical Examination Form, as well as other physical examination original documents/reports (applicants should check with the Chinese embassy/consulate for specific requirements).
Students must enter China with an ordinary-type passport (nationality and personal information must be consistent with the passport information as applying) and X1 visa, and must apply for a Residence Permit within 30 days after arrival in China.Students are required to arrive at THU (along with the original versions of required documents) and complete their university registration during the dates indicated in the Admission package.
Normally, registration is held in late August. All students should present the required original degree certificates, and submit the degree authentication issued by THU designated institutions upon registration at Tsinghua University for enrollment qualification review. Students who fail the enrollment qualification review will be disqualified from enrollment and study at Tsinghua University.
Costs (Unit: RMB Yuan)
(1) Application Fee: RMB 800
(2) Tuition Fees of Graduate Programs:Please click here for Tuition Fees 2022
(3) Accidental Injury and Hospitalization Insurance: RMB 800/year
(4) Accommodation in students dormitories on Tsinghua campus, Beijing: RMB 80/day per person for single rooms and AB rooms, RMB 40/day per person for double rooms. For accommodation on Tsinghua Shenzhen campus, please consult the relevant school/department in Shenzhen.
Applicant who has any objection to the admissions process of the school/department, may file a complaint to the school/department in written form. The school/department should accept the complaint and respond. If the complainant disagrees with the reply, the complainant may appeal to the Graduate Admissions Office.
Graduate Admissions Office, Tsinghua University, Beijing 100084 P. R. China
Tel: +86-10-62781380 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: http://gradadmission.tsinghua.edu.cn
Please follow us for more informaiton of THU
WeChat ID: TsinghuaUni