East China Normal University Chinese Government Scholarship 2022
Application Deadline: Jun.15th, 2022 (Scholarship application deadline please refer to the Scholarship Section)
2022 Master Major List
Most of the master programs at ECNU are taught in Chinese, the English-taught program are as follows:
- International Relations
- Education Policy Studies
- Fine Arts Design
- Comparative Literature and World Literature
- Study on the Basic Problems of Modern Chinese History
- Political Theory
- Chinese Philosophy
- International Business
Eligibility criteria for East China Normal University Chinese Government Scholarship 2022
- Non-Chinese citizen with a valid passport.
- Bachelor or higher education degree.
- For Chinese-taught programs, new HSK-5 with a passing score of 210 or new HSK-6 with a passing score of 180. For English-taught programs, effective English Language Test Certificate or official proof of taking English-taught programs (details refer to the Language Proficiency Certificate) is required. Native English speakers do not need to submit the English Proficiency Certificate.
Application Documents of East China Normal University Chinese Government Scholarship 2022
- ECNU International Students Application Form
Please log into the online application system at lxsapply.ecnu.edu.cn to fill in and print out the application form.
- Certificate of Bachelor or Higher Education Degree
① Scan copy of original documents. If documents are not in Chinese or English, a notarized and translated version in Chinese or in English is required.
② Graduating students should provide a certificate of impending graduation, and the expected time to obstain the degree certificate should be earlier than August 31, 2022. Original graduation certificate and diploma should be submitted for the registration.
- Official Academic Transcript of Bachelor or Higher Education Degree
Original or notarized copy documents. If documents are not in Chinese or English, a notarized and translated version in Chinese or in English is required.
- Language Proficiency Certificate
① For Chinese-taught programs: effective (within 2 yrs) HSK certificate ( HSK Level 5 over 210 or HSK Level 6 over 180).
② For English taught program: English Language Test Certificate or official proof of taking English-taught programs. Other equivalent English proficiency certificates (must be reviewed and approved by ECNU).
- a) English Language Test
|English Language Test||Base Line|
- b) Proof of Taking English-taught Program
① Bachelor or Higher Degree is taught in English and test language is English as well.
② Official proof with official institution letterhead should be issued by the university, such as registration office or graduate school, instead of department of the university or supervisors.
- A Study or Research Plan
Words: no less than 800 words
Language: Written in Chinese for Chinese-taught programs or English for English-taught programs.
Content: Include but not limited to personal study or work experience, academic research outcome, research plan of master program, personal goal after graduation.
- Two Recommendation Letters
Written by scholars who hold the title of associate professor or higher, or senior professionals in a related academic field. Written in Chinese or English. The issue date of the recommendation letter should be later than September 1st, 2021. Recommendation letter MUST include: title of the recommender, place of work, contact phone number, email address and recommender signature.
- Photocopy of Passport (Include personal information page and Chinese visa pages if you have been in China)
- Effective (within 6 months) Health Certificate
Physical examination report must cover all of the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form, and provide the detailed blood test report. Incomplete forms or forms without the applicants’ photograph, a sealed photograph of the applicant, the official stamp of the hospital, or signature of physician are considered as invalid.
- Non-criminal Certificate(notarized photocopy in English or Chinese).
- Award Certificates.
Major Supplemental Documents:
- Applicants for art related majors should submit your portfolio.
- Applicants for Master major of Teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages should ADD:
① HSKK Intermediate ≥60;
② An essay related to the major (around 1000 words).
Application Procedures of East China Normal University Chinese Government Scholarship 2022
- Apply online
Log into ECNU International Students online application website: http://lxsapply.ecnu.edu.cn/. Please register and submit the online application. Upload your application documents and pay the 800 RMB application fee online, which won’t be refunded.
* Scholarship applicants should also register and submit the application form on scholarship website.
- Track your application status online
Pay attention to your email box or log into your ECNU online application account to check your application status.
* Make sure your email address is correct and check your email box from time to time, otherwise you might miss some IMPORTANT INFORMATION, eg. the arrangement of interview etc.
- Admission and University Enrollment
The result of your application will be announced through your application account. Admitted students must register on the mentioned date on admission letter and bring the original graduation certificate and degree certificate for check. Your enrollment will be canceled without providing the relevant certificates.
Please refer to <2022 Master’s Program List>
|Chinese Government Scholarship Type A||Local Chinese Embassy or Consulate||Full Scholarship (Tuition Fee, Accommodation, Insurance, Monthly Stipend) Or Partial Scholarship ; Monthly Stipend：Master：3000 RMB/Month||Depends on the requirement of the local Chinese Embassy or Consulate|
|Chinese Government Scholarship Type B||ECNU Website http://lxs.ecnu.edu.cn/application.php
|Full Scholarship (Tuition Fee, Accommodation, Insurance, Monthly Stipend) ; Monthly Stipend：Master：3000 RMB/Month||March 31, 2022||*ECNU code: 10269
|Shanghai Government Scholarship Type A||ECNU Website http://lxs.ecnu.edu.cn/application.php
Scholarship Website: http://study.edu.sh.gov.cn/apply/
|Full Scholarship (Tuition Fee, Accommodation, Insurance, Monthly Stipend); Monthly Stipend：Master：3000 RMB/Month||May 15, 2022||
|Shanghai Government Scholarship Type B||Partial Scholarship （Tuition Fee, Insurance）|
|International Chinese Language Teachers Scholarship||ECNU Website http://lxs.ecnu.edu.cn/application.php
Scholarship Website http://cis.chinese.cn
|Full Scholarship (Tuition Fee, Accommodation, Insurance, Monthly Stipend) ; Monthly Stipend：Master：3000 RMB/Month||May 10, 2022||For applicants of Teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages, they must get recommended by the recommending institutions assigned by Centers of Language Education and Cooperation to apply.|
Program Advisor: ZHU Xinnan (Cassie)
Tel: +86-21-62232013 ; +86-21-62238353
Add: Room 253 Physical Building, 3663 North Zhongshan Road, East China Normal University, Shanghai
2022 Master Program List
FAQ during the Application of Master’s Program
- Applicants must ensure that the application information and application materials provided are true and accurate. If the admissions unit or certification department verifies that anything in the application is not true, the application, admission or study qualification will be cancelled.
- Once admitted, applicants cannot be registered at two universities at the same time. Once found, the study qualification will be cancelled.