South China University of Technology Chinese Government Scholarship 2022
South China University of Technology Chinese Government Scholarship 2022 In order to increase the cooperation and understanding between the people of China and other countries, develop outstanding international talent, SCUT will provide about 70 scholarships for full-time postgraduate students under the Chinese government scholarship program.
- Eligibility criteria for South China University of Technology Chinese Government Scholarship 2022
(1) Applicant must be non-Chinese national and be in good health.
(2) Education background and age limit:
- Applicants studying to earn a Master’s degree must have a Bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 35.
- Applicants studying to earn a Doctorate degree must have a Master’s degree and be under the age of 40.
|Scholarship Program||Target Group||Supporting Categories||Coverage||Acceptance Agent|
|Chinese government scholarship||Chinese University Scholarship||All Applicants||Degree-programs (Postgraduates)||Full/Partial||Admission Office of SIE, SCUT|
|Silk Road Program||All Applicants||Degree-programs
|China-Africa Friendship Program||Applicants from Africa||Degree-programs (Postgraduates)||Full/Partial|
|YES-CHINA MBA for Development Countries||Applicants of 65 Countries||Degree-programs
|Full||Chinese Embassy of 65 Development Countries;|
|Bilateral Program||All Applicants||Degree-programs and Long-term Advanced Study (Bachelor’s, Master’s and Doctoral candidates)||Full||Dispatching;
Authorities or Chinese Diplomatic Missions
|Sino-American Cultural Exchange Scholarship||American citizens||Degree-programs (Bachelor’s Master’s and Doctoral candidates)||Full||Admission Office of SIE, SCUT|
|EU or American Credit Program||Applicants from EU or American Universities Signed MOU with SCUT||Long-term Advanced Study (Bachelor’s, Master’s and Doctoral candidates)||Full/Partial||Admission Office of SIE, SCUT|
- Details of the Scholarship (Full Scholarship)
(1) Full coverage on registration fee, tuition and accommodation fee.
(2) Monthly Living allowance:
- Master’s degree students: RMB 3,000
- Doctorate degree students: RMB 3,500
(3) Comprehensive Medical Insurance for International Students in China.
- Important Dates
(1) Application Date: October each year to March each year
(2) First-round candidates will be published on the website: www.scut.edu.cn/sie/english in late May
(3) Final awarded applicants will be shortlisted and published on the website: www.scut.edu.cn/sie/english in late July
(4) The Admission Office will deliver Admission Letter and Visa Application Form (JW201) to final awarded applicants in early August
(5) Program Start Date: early September each year
- Application Procedures of South China University of Technology Chinese Government Scholarship 2022
Step 1: Apply at: http://www.csc.edu.cn/Laihua/
*Agency No: 10561 Type Category: B
Download and print out <APPLICATION FORM FOR CHINESEGOVERNMENT SCHOLARSHIP> (pdf)
Step 2: Apply at: http://scut.edu.cn/apply
Upload and submit <APPLICATION FORM FOR CHINESEGOVERNMENT SCHOLARSHIP> (pdf) on the system.
All the master’s or doctoral applicants must contact supervisors from their major schools of SCUT via mail or interview.
- The applicants, who pass the assessment by supervisors, please ask the supervisors to sign a pre-acceptance letters.
- Regarding how to contact the supervisor, please find the formation via:
(1) https://yanzhao.scut.edu.cn/open/TutorList.aspx （Chinese Version ）
(2) http://www2.scut.edu.cn/sie_en/1197/list.htm （English Version ）
Step 3: Download and follow <The SCUT- Chinese Government Scholarship Application Checklist> to prepare your application materials. Applicants are required to print out this Checklist and deliver your paper documents along with the Checklist to the Admission Office of School of International Education, SCUT.
Download Address: http://www2.scut.edu.cn/sie cn/2015/1201/c5042a78723/page.htm
The Delivery Address: Admissions Office, School of International Education,SCUT, Room 212, B1 Building, South China University of Technology, University Town Campus, Panyu District, Guangzhou. Postcode:510006.
- Application Materials
(1)<The SCUT- Chinese Government Scholarship Application Checklist>
(2) <APPLICATION FORM FOR CHINESE GOVERNMENT SCHOLARSHIP>
(3) <SCUT APPLICATION FORM FOR FOREIGN STUDENTS>
(4) Front page of passport (passport should be valid for at least 1 year from the date of application)
(5) Visa page (applicants currently in China are required to provide)
(6) Notarized highest diploma or certificate of expected graduation (photocopy and translation copy)
(7) Notarized official transcripts (photocopy and translation copy)
(8) A study or research plan in Chinese/English (500 words minimum)
(9) Two recommendation letters (doctoral applicants are required to provide 2 recommendation letters from professors or associate professors)
(10) A pre-acceptance letter signed by SCUT professors or associate professors
(11) Doctoral applicants are required to submit abstract(s) or graduation thesis(es) or published paper(s).
(12) To apply for music related programs, please submit a DVD or CD of your live performance. To apply for architecture related programs or design related programs, please submit at least two sketches and two colour paintings.
(13) Original copy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form (written in Chinese/English, the form should be valid for at least 1 year from the date of application)
(14) Valid language certificate
Language requirements for Chinese-Medium Programs:
- HSK Band 4 with 180 scores or above for Science or Engineering studies
- HSK Band 5 with 180 scores or above for Liberal Arts, Economics, or Management studies
Language requirements for English-Medium Programs (only for non-English speaking countries):
- TOEFL IBT 80 or above;
- IELTS 6.0 above or above.
* Applications from English speaking countries:
A certificate of English as medium of instruction issued by graduated universities.
*All documents mentioned should be in either Chinese or English.
*Highest certificate/pre-graduation certificate and transcripts must be notarized. Translation copies of non-English highest certificate/pre-graduation and transcripts must be notarized.
*All documents must be true and legal.
*All information is subject to the latest notices from CSC and SCUT.
For more information, please visit the website of the School of International Education: http://www.scut.edu.cn/sie/
- Pre-acceptance Letter.doc
- 华南理工大学“中国政府奖学金项目”申请材料清单SCUT Chinese Government Scholarship Application Checklist.docx