Nanjing University Chinese Government Scholarship Belt and Road Program 2022
Nanjing University Chinese Government Scholarship Belt and Road Program 2022 is a scholarship set up by the Chinese government to facilitate students and scholars from all over the world to conduct their study and research at Chinese universities. The scholarship aims to increase the mutual understanding and friendship between the people of China and peoples from the rest of the world, and to develop the communication and cooperation between China and the rest of the world in the field of education, technology, culture and economics.
Nanjing University was founded in the year 1902 and it is well-known for its strong academic portfolio and outstanding professors. Besides, Nanjing University is one of the top 5 universities in China under the direct supervision of the Chinese Ministry of Education.
Nanjing University is located in the heart of a historical city: Nanjing. It is surrounded by beautiful scenery and has a picturesque environment and accessible transportation. Today’s NJU consists of 4 campuses: Gulou, Pukou, Xianlin and Suzhou. Up to now, over 30 schools and departments have been developed at Nanjing University. Currently, it hosts over 30,000 students, offering about 80 undergraduate programs, over 170 master’s programs and more than 60 doctoral programs. Nanjing University adopts a credit system, and after acquiring the total number of credits for the degree and successfully passing the oral defence of the Graduation Paper, the students can apply for graduation.
Bachelor’s students (Major: Chinese Language-Business Chinese; Language of instructions: Chinese; School: Institute for International Students)
Master’s students (Major: Information Resources Management; Language of instructions: English; School: School of Information Management)
*Details of the master’s program of Information Resources Management can be found at https://hwxy.nju.edu.cn/_t486/82/fd/c6142a492285/page.htm.
QUALIFICATIONS for Nanjing University Chinese Government Scholarship Belt and Road Program 2022:
1. Bachelor’s program applicants should be older than 18, younger than 25, and the age limit of the master’s program applicants is 35. The applicants’ nationalities should be on the list of the 64 countries along the Belt and Road.
2. Bachelor’s program applicants must have completed their high school education, while the master’s program applicants should have obtained a bachelor’s degree.
※ For the graduates to obtain their degrees in 2022, they should submit a pre-graduation certificate to guarantee that they have the competence to complete their study and receive the diploma by July of 2022.
3. Language requirements:
For the bachelor’s program of Chinese Language-Business Chinese:
Admission requirement: HSK level 5;
Graduation requirement: HSK level 6.
For the master’s program of Information Resources Management:
Admission requirement: IELTS 6.0/TOEFL 85 or TOEFL Essentials 9 (The department code of NJU is C288)/Duolingo 100.
Graduation requirement: HSK level 3.
※ Applicants who do not meet the above requirements will not be accepted.
※ Students who have been granted other Chinese scholarships or funding (2022-2023) are not eligible for this scholarship.
YEAR LIMIT OF Nanjing University Chinese Government Scholarship Belt and Road Program 2022:
The study duration of the bachelor’s students is 4 years, and that of the master’s students is 2 years.
REGULATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS FOR EVALUATION:
Scholarship students who study full time at Nanjing University should obey the rules and regulations of the school, as well as the Codes for International Students at Nanjing University. The study, research, and thesis writing should be finished at the university. No long-distance education is permitted (except it’s in the pandemic). Transferring school is not allowed either. Principally, students are not allowed to leave school, including visiting parents, referring to learning materials or doing an internship during the school year unless during the vacations. If there is an emergency, students can leave school with the permission notice of their advisors and departments along with the approval of the Chinese Scholarship Council. If a student violates the related regulations or leaves the university during the school year without any permission, his or her scholarship shall be suspended or even cancelled.
According to the regulations of the Chinese Scholarship Council, all scholarship students should take part in the annual assessment and evaluation of the scholarship qualification. The time for assessment and evaluation is from March to May every year. After the assessment, those who are qualified can keep their scholarships, while the scholarships of those who failed the assessment will be suspended or even cancelled.
1. Allowance: In the scholarship duration, awardees will be provided with a monthly stipend of RMB 2,500 (for bachelor’s students)/RMB 3,000 (for master’s students).
2. Tuition: Tuition will be waived.
3. Health Insurance: An insurance fee of RMB 800/year will be offered to the students in the scholarship duration, and they will be required to purchase the insurance accordingly.
4. Lodging: Free lodging in the international dormitory of the university will be provided for the students in the entire duration of the scholarship.
Applicants should make two online applications: one on the CSC website and the other at NJU’s China International Student Service System. The specific procedure is as follows.
1. Register and apply at the CSC website (http://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn/). After filling in the online application form (for Agency No., please fill in “10284”; for Program Type, please choose “B”), please click the “submit ” button and download the application form.
2. Register and apply at NJU’s China International Student Service System: http://istudy.nju.edu.cn/. (For the program type, please choose “CSC Scholarship”.) The following documents will need to be uploaded.
1) CSC Scholarship Application Form;
2) Academic transcripts;
3) Certificate of your highest diploma;
4) Two recommendation letters from the teachers of the school you last attended (The referees for the master’s program applicants should at least be associate professors) ;
5) HSK test certificate (for the applicants for Chinese Language)/TOEFL, IELTS or Duolingo test result (for the applicants for Information Resources Management);
6) Detailed proposal for study and research in China;
7) Medical certificate(南京大学外国人体格检查记录.doc);
8) List of papers published in professional or scientific journals & representative papers or abstracts of articles (optional);
9) First page of your passport;
10) Certificate of non-criminal record.
※ If one of the original documents is neither written in Chinese nor in English, please also submit a notarized Chinese or English translation.
※ The applicants are responsible for the accuracy and authenticity of the submitted information and documents. If any dishonesty or falsification was found, the application would be invalid.
※ The application duration is from Jan. 1 to Mar. 31, 2022. Nanjing University will inform the applicants of the application progress via system message or email promptly, and will send the admission documents to the new students after receiving the confirmed list of final awardees from the CSC. (Affected by the pandemic, the announcement of the final admission result may be delayed, and we will keep the applicants updated.)
※ The school year starts at the beginning of September 2022. You will find the specific date of registration on the admission notice. (If some of the students couldn’t come to NJU on time due to the pandemic, the university would arrange an online registration, details about which would be informed in advance.)
※ When coming to NJU to register, the new students will be required to bring the admission notice, JW201 form, physical examination report, original highest diploma, etc. for the qualification review. (If the original copy is neither written in Chinese nor in English, a notarized Chinese or English translation will need to be submitted.) The scholarship of those who didn’t pass the review would be cancelled.
For further inquiries, please contact:
Ms. Zhong Qiaorui
Institute for International Students
RM. 514 Zeng Xianzi Building,
18 Jinyin Street, Nanjing 210008, China