Southwest Jiaotong University Chinese Government Scholarship 2022
The Notice of Application for 2022 SWJTU Chinese Government Scholarship — Chinese University Program
- About SWJTU
Southwest Jiaotong University chinese government scholarship 2022 (SWJTU) is a national key research-oriented university directly under the Ministry of Education of China and among the first batch of “double first-class” universities with graduate schools. It is located in Chengdu, a famous historical and cultural city and a national central city in China. Historically known as the Imperial Chinese Railway College, it is one of the earliest national universities in modern China and the birthplace of China’s modern higher education in transportation, mining & metallurgy and civil engineering. It now has three campuses, namely Chengdu Jiuli, Chengdu Xipu and Emei, covering a total area of 333.3 hectares. SWJTU is a premier engineering university and has 27 schools (academies/ centers), with 2 first-level disciplines including transportation engineering and mechanical engineering among National Key Disciplines, 10 second-level disciplines including vehicle engineering and bridge & tunnel engineering among National Key Disciplines, 18 Doctoral Degree programs of first-level disciplines, 3 categories of Professional Doctorate programs, 40 Master’s Degree programs of first-level disciplines and 11 postdoctoral research mobile stations. Its discipline of transportation engineering ranks first in China (A +) and is selected into the national “double first-class” initiative (The World First Class University and First Class Academic Discipline Construction). Its discipline of civil engineering ranks seventh in China (A-). Its materials science, engineering and computer science enter the top 1% in ESI University ranking worldwide. There are more than 2700 full-time teachers in SWJTU. SWJTU achieves remarkable results in cultivating internationalized talent. It has forged long-term partnerships with 211 universities and research institutions across more than 59 countries and regions. The SWJTU-Leeds Joint School, co-established by the Southwest Jiaotong University and the University of Leeds, provides overseas study programs covering all grades, including “2+2”, “Undergraduate-Graduate 4+1” and “China-France 4+4”. SWJTU is designated by the Chinese government to provide assistance in the construction of the National Academy of Indian Railways with the Ministry of Indian Railways. SWJTU has three national innovation bases for foreign experts and three international academic journals. Over 600 international students from different countries came to study at SWJTU. At present, SWJTU’s international cooperation and exchange programs cover all grades and levels of students.
- Supporting Categories, Duration and Instruction Language
- Supporting categories:TheChinese Government Scholarship program sponsors excellent international students, teachers and scholars to undertake (master’s and doctor’s degrees) studies in institutions of higher education in China.
- Duration: The supporting duration will be the period of schooling determined during admission, including the period for both major study and Chinese language (preparatory) study. The Doctoral Degree program generally takes 4-5 academic years and the Master’s Degree program generally takes 3-4 academic years. See the table below for details:
|Supporting Categories||Major Study
|Chinese Language (Preparatory Study） (Year)||Duration of
Scholarship (Academic Year)
|Doctoral Degree program||3-4||1||4-5|
|Master’s Degree program||2-3||1||3-4|
- Instruction Language: English/Chinese；
- Admission Catalogue:
|Major Catalogue of 2022 SWJTU CSC Chinese University Program|
|No.||Major||Master/Doctoral Program||Instruction Language|
|5||Computer Science and Technology||Master/Doctoral||English/Chinese|
|7||Management Science and Engineering||Doctoral||English/Chinese|
|8||Geological Resources and Geological Engineering||Master/Doctoral||English/Chinese|
Note: The final names of majors are subject to the final approval of the MOE and the letter of admission.
To be eligible, the applicant must
l Be a citizen of a country other than the People’s Republic of China and be in good health;
l Those who apply for doctoral degree programs in China should hold a master’s degree or equivalent, excel in academic performance, and should be generally under the age of 40;
l Those who apply for master degree programs in China should hold a bachelor’s degree or equivalent, excel in academic performance, and should be generally under the age of 35.
- Application Website: (Notes: Students should apply synchronously on both websites.)
China Scholarship Council (CSC): https://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn/
Southwest Jiaotong University: http://swjtu.17gz.org/
- Application Materials:
1) Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship (in Chinese or English);
2) Notarized highest diploma;
Prospective diploma recipients must submit official proof of student status or expected graduation date by their current school. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
3) Academic transcripts (in Chinese or English);
Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
4) A Study Plan or Research Proposal (in Chinese or English);
A minimum of 800 words in Chinese or English.
5) Recommendation Letters (in Chinese or English);
Applicants for Master’s Degree or Doctoral Degree programs must submit two recommendation letters in Chinese or English from professors or associate professors of related fields. （ONLY 2021 and 2022 letters are accepted.）
6) A Copy of the applicant’s passport;
Please carefully plan your passport being valid at least 6 months before the visa is obtained.
7) Applicants under the age of 18 must submit relevant documents about their statutory guardians in China.
8) Foreigner Physical Examination Form (photocopy)
The original copy should be kept by the applicant. The form is uniformly printed by Chinese healthy quarantine departments. It must be written in English and can be downloaded from Foreigner Physical Examination Form.
The physical examinations must cover all of the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete forms or forms without the signature of the attending physician, or the official stamp of the hospital, or a sealed photograph of the applicant are considered as invalid. Please carefully plan your physical examination schedule as the result is valid for only 6 months.
9) Students selecting the instruction language of Chinese must provide the certificate of the HSK Level 4 or above; Students who select the instruction language of English and are non-native English speakers must hold excellent English skills of listening, speaking, reading and writing and are able to smoothly communicate specialized research with the supervisors and finish the study in English. Please provide the copy of TOFEL, IELTS or other English skill certificate if the applicant has.
10) Non-Criminal Record Report of provided by authorities of the country or permanent residence of the applicant. Non-Criminal Record Report (If the applicant is unable to provide this document, as a substitute, the applicant could negotiate with the applied university to sign a non-criminal record commitment)
III. southwest jiaotong university Chinese government Scholarship 2022 detail
Full Scholarship covers
- Tuition waiver
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance: (Please visithttp://www.lxbx.netto know more insurance policies.)
- Application Procedures:
Application Code of Southwest Jiaotong University: 10613
Program type: B
The “Chinese University Program” is a full scholarship program offering to the provincial educational administration departments and Chinese universities in some provinces and autonomous regions of China. It is applied to some Chinese universities to directly select and enroll outstanding foreign young students to study in China. This 2022 program of SWJTU only covers the Doctoral Degree program and the Master’s Degree program.
Deadline: April 15, 2022
Note: ONLY on-line application is accepted. Do not need to post hard-copy materials.
- Contact Information
International Students Office, Office of International Cooperation and Exchanges, Southwest Jiaotong University
Address: Room 425, Administrative Building, Southwest Jiaotong University (Xipu Campus)
West Section, High-tech Zone, Chengdu, Sichuan, P. R. China.
Postal Code: 611756
Tel.: 0086-28-66367385 (GMT+8: 8:30AM—12:00PM; 2:00PM—5:30PM)
Complaints and Supervision:
Tel.: 0086-28-66366920 (GMT+8: 8:30AM—12:00PM; 2:00PM—5:30PM)
- The applicant must ensure the authenticity of the application materials. Once the materials are verified to be false, the applicant will be disqualified;
- Pre-admission letter will not be provided in the CSC-Chinese University Program.
- The applicant who passes the preliminary examination needs to pay application fees of RMB 400, which will not be refunded whether the applicant is finally admitted or not;
- Professors or related schools may interview the applicant by phone or internet. Please make sure the phone number and email address are right in your application.
- Students who apply the CSC-Bilateral Program and want a pre-admission letter should first apply for the Chinese Government Scholarships through the Chinese Embassy or Consulate General in the country where the applicant settles. In the online application process, the applicant needs to fill in “Southwest Jiaotong University” as the first choice and the applicant must also meet the requirements listed in this document. The applicant who needs the pre-admission letter should apply on the website of the China Scholarship Council （http://www.csc.edu.cn/studyinchina）. The pre-admission letter can only be obtained after the application materials have passed the academic examination of the relevant schools.
Very Important: The application type of the Scholarship is A. (For more information, please refer to https://www.campuschina.org/content/details3_74775.html);
If the international student applicant who applies for undergraduate studies of the CSC-Bilateral Program is originally a citizen of the Chinese Mainland, Hong Kong, Macao or Taiwan but immigrates to a foreign country, the application qualifications shall be subject to the Notice of the Ministry of Education of China on Rules on Foreign Students’ Enrollment in China’s Colleges & Universities (JWH  No. 12);
- E-mail application or hard-copy application will not be accepted;
- Please offer the right E-mail address and mailing address. We will confirm every piece of important information via E-mail. Please make sure to check it every day;
- The final result will come out in July or August 2022. Please be patient.