Tianjin University ASEAN-China Young Leaders Scholarship (ACYLS)
ACYLS will support nationals from ASEAN Member States（AMS）to study for Master’s or Ph.D. degrees, undertake short-term research programs, and participate in training courses in the PRC. ACYLS provides a full scholarship award covering all program-related expenses including tuition waiver and other school fees, accommodation, round-trip international airfare, comprehensive medical insurance, and stipends. Tianjin University is among the few top universities in China that are designated to enroll ACYLS students.
- When and Where to Apply
Applicants shall submit their applications to ACYLS national focal points of their respective home countries before the deadline. The application generally opens from January to April every year. For the application deadline of the current year, applicants shall consult the ACYLS national focal points directly.
Applicants of ACYLS should meet the following criteria:
- Citizen of an ASEAN Member State (Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Viet Nam);
- In sound physical and mental health;
- Proficient in English (i.e., must possess an IELTS score of at least 6.0 or a TOEFL score of at least 80 points);
- Holder of an undergraduate degree and under the age of 45 if applying for a master’s degree;
- Holder of a graduate/master’s degree and under the age of 45 if applying for a Ph.D. degree;
- Holder of at least an undergraduate degree if applying for the short-term research program;
- Having at least one-year work experience within government agencies, public or private institutions, universities, think-tanks, or similar social agencies, and preferably has experience in the following:
- work-related to foreign and international affairs, especially ASEAN and China-ASEAN affairs;
- work or study in the PRC;
- academic work on China or ASEAN-related affairs;
- Not a concurrent awardee of a Chinese government scholarship.
III. Supporting Categories and Scholarship Duration
|Supporting Category||Length of Schooling||Length of Scholarship|
|Master’s Students||2-3 academic years||2-3 academic years|
|Doctoral Students||3-4 academic years||3-4 academic years|
|Research Scholars||5-6 months||5-6 months|
|Training Course||7-15 days||7-15 days|
- Scholarship Coverage
- Stipend: Refer to CSC standard
- Accommodation: ACYLS recipients will be provided with a university dormitory with one single room for each recipient..
- Medical Insurance: It is covered by the ACYLS program. To check insurance policy and insurance claims, please visit http://www.csc.edu.cn/studyinchina or http://www.campuschina.organd refer to Comprehensive Insurance & Protection Scheme for Foreigners Staying in China.
- Program Catalogue
Program Instruction Language: English. Candidates are strongly advised to register for English-taught programs, and their English language proficiency must meet the language requirements of the applied programs.
For the ACYLS Program Catalog, please click.
- Application Materials
Applicants must provide authentic and valid documents according to the requests and upload clear scanned copies onto CGSIS. Failure to fulfill the requirements will negatively influence the scholarship results.
When submitting applications to the ACYLS national focal points, the applicants should follow the prescribed requirements.
VII. Admission Procedures
Step 1- Complete online application by visiting CGSIS (Chinese Government Scholarship Information System) (Visit http://www.csc.edu.cn/studyinchina or http://www.campuschina.org and click “Scholarship Application for Students” to log in). Online submission of the application is compulsory for each applicant by completing the application information and uploading all necessary supporting documents.
Step 2- Prepare the application documents according to the “List of Application Documents” and upload all the required documents into the online application system. Also, submit the hard copies of the application form and relevant documents to the ACYLS national focal points as required before the deadline. ACYLS national focal points of ASEAN Member States will then review the qualifications of all applicants and provide the list of recommended recipients to the Joint Committee of the ACYLS, which will decide the final recommendation list.
Step 3- The China Scholarship Council (CSC) will only process the applications recommended by the Joint Committee. Applicants not included in the list will not be considered. CSC reserves the right to make necessary adjustments to the applicants’ host universities.
Address: International Admissions Office, School of International Education, Tianjin University, No.92, Weijin Road, Nankai District, Tianjin, China
Fax: 0086-22-27406147 (English, Korean, Japanese, Indonesian accepted)