Chinese Government Scholarship- Chinese University Program Tianjin University 2022-2023
Chinese Government Scholarship-Chinese University Program is a full scholarship established by the Ministry of Education, P.R.C to support designated Chinese universities to enroll outstanding international students for graduate studies in China. Tianjin University (TJU), as a first-class university in China, has been designated to undertake this program for over ten years since 2008.
- When and Where to Apply
Applicants should complete an Online Application on the website（tju.at0086.cn/student）according to the application schedule. Applicants should fill in the application information online, upload the application documents listed below to the Online Application System. Students who are admitted and nominated for the Chinese Government Scholarship- Chinese University Program need to log into the system of China Scholarship Council at http://www.csc.edu.cn/laihua/ within the specified time to submit the scholarship application(The Agency Number for Tianjin University is 10056; Choose Program Category Type B).
Nov. 15, 2020-Apr.15, 2021
- Supporting Categories and Scholarship Duration
|Program||Specialty Duration||Chinese Learning Duration||Scholarship Duration|
|Master（taught in Chinese）||2.5-3 years||1 year||2.5 -4 years|
|Master（taught in English）||2-3 years||–||2-3 years|
|Phd||3-4 years||1 year||3-5 years|
- Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens with valid passports. For applicants who used to be Chinese citizens but later immigrated to other countries, the conditions set by Document No. 12 (2020) of the Ministry of Education of the People’s Republic of China should be met.
- Requirements for applicant’s degree and age:
Applicant applying for a Master degree should hold a Bachelor diploma and be under the age of 35 ;
Applicants applying for a Ph.D. degree should hold a Master’s diploma and be under the age of 40.
Applicants shall be of good moral character, physically and mentally healthy, and willing to comply with Chinese laws and the regulations of Tianjin University.
- Language Proficiency requirements:
①Chinese-taught programs applicants need to submit HSK certificates. A minimum requirement of HSK4 (Score 195 or above) for Engineering/Science; HSK5 (Score 180 or above) for business and liberal arts is needed. (Native Chinese speakers or applicants taught in Chinese during the master study may be exempted from the HSK test after being certified by Tianjin University)
②English-taught programs applicants need to submit an English proficiency certificate (Native English speakers are exempted). TOEFL: no less than 80, IELTS: no less than 6.0. （Native English speakers are exempted. Applicants who obtained their highest diploma taught in English may provide a certificate of English instruction instead of IELTS or TOEFL certificate）
- Scholarship Coverage
- Tuition waiver and accommodation on campus;
- Monthly Living Allowance:
3,000 RMB/month for Master students;
3,500 RMB/month for Ph.D. students;
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance.
- Program Catalogue
For programs covered by this scholarship, please click; (For reference only, final approved programs will be decided by CSC)
- Application Materials
Please upload all the listed documents below to the application system:
- Scan Copy of highest diploma. Scan of pre-graduation certificate is required if the applicants have not gained degree certificate before the application deadline, please resubmit the notarized copy of highest diploma before registration.
- Scan of a notarized copy of the academic transcripts(Applicants who will not graduate before the application deadline may provide their current academic transcript and submit the full transcript before registration).
- Photocopy of passport. (Ordinary passport with valid period)
- Chinese or English ProficiencyCertificate (for more requirements, please refer to Qualifications )
- Study or research plan: no less than 800 words in English or Chinese.
- Two recommendation letters in English or Chinese from two professors or associate professors (please click to download the template).
- Form of Provisional Acceptance of International Student by TJU Professor(please click to download the template). Remember to upload it to the application system, if you get the Acceptance letter. Please click here to get the contacts of professors.
- Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form(The medical examinations must cover all the items listed and should be conducted after November 2020).
- Applicants who are now in China must submit a scan of Photocopy of their Visa and Transfer Certificate from the present university.
- Scan of Non-Criminal Records.
11. Other attachments: (Scholarship applicants should submit CSC application form with signature, published papers, etc.）
1. All uploaded documents should be in Chinese or in English; otherwise notarial translations in Chinese or English are required. Once translated, the original documents and certified translations are to be submitted together to the application system.
2. Please scan the original or notarized application documents in color using a scanner. Images captured by mobile phone or camera are not acceptable. Copies are also not acceptable.
3. Applications with incomplete documents will not be processed.
4. TJU has the right to request the applicants to provide the original or notarized hard copies of application documents for further qualification checks if the uploaded documents are not sufficient. Applicants shall guarantee all the information and application documents submitted in this application are authentic and accurate, otherwise they will be disqualified from admission.
VII. Admission Procedures
Nov. 15, 2020-Mar.15, 2021
- TJU Review and interview: March 16 to June 1, 2021;
The date and form of the interview will be notified through the email of the TJU online system. Please check your email day by day. Applicants who fail to attend the interview are deemed to be giving up the application.
- China Scholarship Council Review: Tianjin University will deliver materials of applicants who pass the TJU review to CSC and wait for the final admission results, normally from June 1 to June 30 (the exact date is decided by CSC each year);
- Result Release: Tianjin University will announce the admission result officially on the website, and post Admission Notice and Visa Application Form for Study in China (JW201) to scholarship winners from July 1 to July 31;
- Registration: from the end of August to early September 2021.
International Admissions Office, School of International Education, Tianjin University
Address: 92 Weijin Road, Nanki District, Tianjin 300072, PR.China
Zip code: 300072